2. Lei Y. Large scale cell manufacture system. PCT/US2016/063486, patent pending.
1. Lei Y. Personalized cellular biomanufacturing with a closed, miniature cell culture system. Provisional patent: 3004346-0007.
23. Lin H, Li Q, Lei Y*, “Three-dimensional tissues using human pluripotent stem cell spheroids as biofabrication building blocks”, Biofabrication. 2017 Apr 24;9(2):025007.
22. Lin H, Li Q, Lei Y*. An Integrated Miniature Bioprocessing for Personalized Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Expansion and Differentiation into Neural Stem Cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7:40191
21. Li Q, Lin H, Wang O, Lei Y*. Scalable Production of Glioblastoma Tumor-initiating Cells in 3 Dimension Thermoreversible Hydrogels. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31915.
Prior to UNL:
20. Lei Y, Jeong D, Xiao J and Schaffer D, Developing Defined and Scalable 3D Culture Systems for Culturing Human Pluripotent Stem Cells at High Densities, Cellular & Molecular Bioengineering. 2014, 7:172.
19. Lei Y and Schaffer D, A fully defined and scalable 3D culture system for the production of human pluripotent stem cells and their progeny, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2013;110:E5039-48
18. Tokatlian T, Cam C, Siegman SN, Lei Y, Segura T, Design and characterization of microporous hyaluronic acid hydrogels for in vitro gene transfer to mMSCs, Acta Biomater. 2012 Nov;8(11):3921-31.
17. Zhang J, Lei Y, Dhaliwal A, Ng QK, Du J, Yan M, Lu Y, Segura T, Protein-polymer nanoparticles for nonviral gene delivery, Biomacromolecules. 2011 Apr 11;12(4):1006-14.
16. Lei Y, Rahim M, and Segura T, Hyaluronic acid and fibrin hydrogels with concentrated DNA/PEI polyplexes for local gene delivery, J Control Release. 2011;153:255-61.
15. Lei Y, Gojggini S, Lam J and Segura T, The spreading, migration and proliferation of mouse mesenchymal stem cells cultured inside hyaluronic acid hydrogels, Biomaterials. 2011;32:39-47.
14. Lei Y, Huang S, Kashani PS, and Segura T, Incorporation of active DNA/cationic polymer polyplexes into hydrogel scaffolds, Biomaterials. 2010;31:9106-16.
13. Lei Y, Ng Q and Segura T, Two and Three-dimensional gene transfer from enzymatically degradable hydrogel scaffolds, Microsc Res Tech. 2010; 73:910-7.
12. Lei Y and Segura T, DNA delivery from matrix metalloproteinase degradable poly(ethylene glycol) hydrogels to mouse cloned mesenchymal stem cells, Biomaterials 2009; 30:254-65.
11. Weng LT, Ng KM, Cheung ZL, Lei Y and Chan CM, Quantitative analysis of styrene-pentafluorostyrene random copolymers by ToF-SIMS and XPS, Surface and Interface Analysis 2006 38(1): 32-43.
10. Ou YC, Lei Y, Fang XP, Yang GS, Maleic anhydride grafted thermoplastic elastomer (TPEg) as interfacial modifier for Polypropylene/Polyamide6 blends, Journal of Applied Polymer Science 2004 91:1806.
9. Lei Y, Chan CM, and Li L, Growth process of homogeneously and heterogeneously nucleated spherulites as observed by Atomic Force Microscopy, Polymer 2003; 44:4673.
8. Lei Y, Chan CM, Weng LT, Ng KM and Li L, Surface chemical and morphological properties of a blend containing semi-crystalline and amorphous polymers studied with ToF-SIMS, XPS and AFM, Polymer 2003; 44:3883.
7. Lei Y, Chan CM, Weng LT and Ng KM, XPS C1s binding energies for fluorocarbon-hydrocarbon microblock polymers, Surface and Interface Analysis 2003; 35:852.
6. Lei Y, Chan CM, Li JX, Ng KM, Jiang Y and Li L, The birth of an embryo and development of the founding lamella of spherulites as observed by Atomic Force Microscopy, Macromolecules 2002; 35:6751.
5. Jiang Y, Gu Q, Li L, Lei Y and Chan CM, Structural changes during isothermal crystallization of a Poly(bisphenol A-co-Decane Ether) polymer, Polymer 2002 43: 5615-5621.
4. Chan CM, Li L, Ng KM, Li JX and Lei Y, Direct observation of growth of lamellae and spherulites of a semi-crystalline polymer by AFM, Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering 2002 86:389.
3. Luo YH, Jiang Y, Lei Y, Chan CM and Li L, Progress of polymer crystal growth studied with AFM, Chinese Science Bulletin 2002 47:1121-1125.
2. Li L, Chan CM, Yeung KL, Ng KM and Lei Y, Direct observation of growth of lamellae and spherulites of a semicrystalline polymer by AFM, Macromolecules 2001 34: 316-325.
1. Li L, Chan CM, Lei Y and Weng LT, A time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry study of sequential polymers with a well-defined segmental length, Polymer 2001 42: 6841-6849.
Presentations and Posters:
19. Lei Y, Manufacturing 3D human tissues, UNMC-UNL Regenerative Medicine Symposium, April 17, 2015
18. Lei Y, Technical challenges for translating human pluripotent stem cells derived products into clinics, UNL Virology Center, Jan 28, 2015
17. Lei Y, Stem cell manufacture, UNMC Regenerative Medicine Program, Dec 24, 2014
16. Lei Y, Stem cell therapy for CNS diseases, Nebraska Neuroscience Symposium, Sep 14, 2014
15. Lei Y and Schaffer D, Scalable production of dopaminergic neurons and their application in treating Parkinson’s disease in rats, AICHE, San Francisco, 2013.
14. Lei Y and Schaffer D, A scalable 3D culture system for hPSCs expansion and differentiation, AICHE, San Francisco, 2013.
13. Lei Y and Schaffer D, Scalable production of dopaminergic neurons and their application in treating Parkinson’s disease in rats, AICHE, San Francisco, 2013.
12. Lei Y and Schaffer D, A scalable 3D culture system for hPSCs expansion and differentiation, BMES, Seattle, 2013 (selected as the Outstanding Contribution to the Stem Cell Engineering Track).
11. Lei Y and Schaffer D, A scalable 3D culture system for hPSCs expansion and differentiation, GRC Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Holderness, NH, 2013.
10. Lei Y and Schaffer D, Defined 3D culture system for hPSCs expansion and differentiation, UC Berkeley Stem Cell Center Retreat, California, 2013.
9. Lei Y, Rahim M and Segura T, Gene transfer in and from hydrogels, SFB 2010 Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, April 2010.
8. Lei Y and Segura T, Biodegradable hydrogels with concentrated pDNA/PEI polyplexes for tissue engineering and regeneration, AIChE, Nashville, TN, Nov 2009.
7. Zhang JJ, Lei Y and Segura T, Protein-polymer core-shell nanoparticles as non-viral gene delivery vehicles, AIChE, Nashville, TN, Nov 2009.
6. Lei Y and Segura T, Matrix metalloproteinase degradable PEG hydrogel with high DNA/PEI loading for tissue engineering, SFB 2009 Annual Meeting, Grand Hyatt San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, April 2009.
5. Lei Y and Segura T, DNA delivery from enzymatically degradable synthetic hydrogels to invading cells results In sustained transgene expression, AIChE, Philadelphia Downtown Convention Center, Nov 2008.
4. Wang Y, Chan CM, Jiang Y, Li L, Lei Y, and Cheung ZL, Real-time study on lamellar branching by Atomic Force Microscopy, 225rd ACS National Meeting, MAR 2003.
3. Chan CM, Li L, Ng KM, Li JX and Lei Y, Direct observation of growth of lamellae and spherulites, 223rd ACS National Meeting, Orlando, FL, April 2002.
2. Lei Y and Schaffer D, A scalable 3D culture system for hPSCs expansion and differentiation, GRC Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Holderness, NH, 2013 (poster) (won the Best Poster Award).
1. Lei Y; Rahim M and Segura T, MMP degradable PEG hydrogel with high DNA/PEI loading for tissue engineering, GRC on Biomaterials, Holderness School in Holderness, NH, July 2009 (poster).